This event is now over and took place on Tue 10 Nov 2015
Due to unforseen circumstances this event has had to be postponed and a new date will be announced soon.
This seminar will look at the common issues that come up for our charity clients when dealing with property left by will and property held on trust restrictions, including permanent endowment.
We will look at trust property issues that frequently come up including:
• Getting to grips with the terminology
• Identifying trust property
• Selling designated land and permanent endowment
• Changing trust restrictions on use of property
• Charities Act compliance
We will also focus on the particular issues that you need to think about when your charity is left a property by Will, such as:
• what to consider before accepting the property,
• difficult issues like third party challenges or property left for a purpose that cannot be met
• things to think about if your charity is left a remainder interest after a prior life interest
• making the most of the property e.g. repairs or full scale development
Why choose this course?
Trust property, permanent endowment and legacy property are complicated and can easily cause charities to trip up and lose out.
This session aims to provide practical guidance on the issues that charities may face and how to deal with them, in the context of protecting and maximising the property for your charity.
If you have particular legacy or trust property issues, we invite you to send them to us to [insert email address] before the session and we will try to cover as many as possible!
Who should attend?
Anyone working within a charity who deals with or may need to get a better understanding of legacy and trust property issues.
8.00am: Breakfast and registration
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE