This event is now over and took place on Wed 25 Jan 2017
This seminar is for faith-based organisations that work with children and young people. It is intended to be a refresher course on safeguarding and will provide you with the opportunity to discuss a case study and to raise questions.
The seminar will cover:
- An overview of safeguarding and child protection
- Recruitment and DBS checks
- How to identify a potential safeguarding incident
- How to respond and report concerns, allegations or disclosures of abuse – including when and whom to report to
- Dealing with allegations against employees, leaders and volunteers (including conflicts of interest and confidentiality)
- Reporting to regulators including Serious Incident Reports to the Charity Commission
- Overview of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse’s work
- How to deal with allegations of historic abuse
Who should attend
This seminar is aimed at trustees, executives, safeguarding officers, HR and anyone working with children and young people.
9:30am registration and breakfast
£25 (plus VAT)
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE