Ailsa is a paralegal who supports the Culture and Creative team within the Charity and Social Enterprise Department.
Examples of Recent Work
- Drafting charitable company constitutions, assisting with incorporations and charity registrations.
- Conducting legal research into specialist areas such as copyright and intellectual property.
- Drafting IP related documents such as Deeds of Gift, Assignments of IP and IP licences.
- Providing support to the culture and creative team.
- Drafting client advice in relation to a variety of areas such as the benefits of charitable status and governance advice.
- Providing support to the Health and Social Care sector group within the firm, including organising knowhow meetings and legal updates to fee earners across the firm.
- Providing general departmental support.
Qualifications and Career
- William Howard School (2007-2014)
- University of Greenwich, LLB with Hons First class (2014-2017)
- LPC with LLM part-time (2018-2020)
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite (Charity and Social Enterprise Department) as a Legal Administrator in 2017
- Promoted to Paralegal 2018
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Student representative for University of Greenwich Law School
- Awarded University of Greenwich High Achiever Scholarship
- Greenwich Law Alumni Network Ambassador
- Mentoring scheme with Barclays (2015)
- Nominated for Contribution to University Life 2016
- Pro bono advisor for University of Greenwich Law Centre
- Member of BWB Social Committee
- Member of BWB Diversity and Inclusion Forum