Ben is an analyst in BWB’s Advisory and Impact department. From 2018, he will be undertaking the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) Qualification, with the aim of completing the certification by 2021. Ben assists the team on various projects, working across four main practice areas: strategy, impact management, transactions and risk and investigations. Ben has worked with organisations ranging from public to private to not-for-profit.
During his time at university, Ben interned at a London based management coaching company and as part of his degree he also spent a semester studying in the US. Through his studies, life and work experiences he has learnt how to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, whilst also understanding the importance of teamwork and collaboration to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Examples of Recent Work
- Provided research support on an impact project for an educational accreditation company.
- Worked on a sale mandate and performed research, investigating potential buyers, for a business in the construction industry.
- Supported a risk investigation for a group of London based further education colleges. Assisting with an external review of their recruitment company’s processes and controls.
- Performed a cost analysis and research for the refurbishment of a potential office site for a ‘not-for profit’ institute providing in-depth psychological treatments, psychoanalytic training and research.
- Performed data analysis and compiled a report for an independent musical organisation.
Qualifications and Career
- The University of Manchester, American Studies BA (Hons) 2018
- Current ICAEW student – predicted completion date of 2021.