Jennifer completed her training contract at Linklaters and qualified in their Structured Finance department, before joining the Charity and Social Enterprise Department as a solicitor in January 2019. During her time at Linklaters, Jennifer advised on a variety of cross-border financial, capital markets and corporate transactions.
Jennifer now works on a broad range of charity and social enterprise matters, including charity formation and registration, general charity law, governance and legal structures, constitutional changes and compliance and commercial contracts.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising on the formation and registration of new charities and social enterprises
- Advising on the conversion from charities to CICs
- Advising on constitutional and operational issues for charities and social enterprises, including advising on conflicts of interest, procedure and other governance matters
- Advising on commercial participator agreements
Qualifications and Career
- BA (Hons) Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge (2010 – 2013)
- LPC (Distinction), University of Law (Moorgate) (2015)
- Trainee Solicitor, Linklaters LLP (2016 – 2018)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in March 2018
- Associate, Structured Finance Department, Linklaters LLP (2018)
- Solicitor, Charity and Social Enterprise Department, Bates Wells Braithwaite LLP (since January 2019)
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Trustee of Eastside Youth