Malcolm helps clients in connection with their real estate requirements, whether they are acquiring, developing, leasing, managing, disposing or financing. With real estate transactions becoming more complex Malcolm understands the commercial drivers, manages the process efficiently and delivers within often challenging timescales.
He is experienced in all aspects of commercial real estate and advises corporate occupiers and investors, supports corporate transactions and represents banks on real estate financing matters.
As well as transactional work, Malcom supports corporates throughout their occupation advising on day to day occupational issues and disputes. He regularly gives presentations to clients and other property professionals.
Examples of recent work
- acquisition of multi-let regional offices for a private equity investor;
- acquisition of a medical facility in WC1 for a private property company and subsequent letting, financing and disposal;
- acting for a financial services company in connection with a 140,000 sq ft pre-let in EC3;
- acting on the sale of a portfolio of 100 residential properties let as student accomodation;
- sale and leaseback of a manufacturing facility in the north east for a FTSE 250 company;
- HQ lease in SW1 for a media company and associated disposal of leased space;
- sub lease of 150,000 sq feet for an investment bank;
- £20m refinance of a portfolio of properties in Soho;
- £30m refinance of a nationwide mixed use property portfolio; and
- numerous secured loans in the £2m-£10m range
Qualifications and career
- Partner Gowling WLG (previously Wragge Lawrence Graham) 2008-2018
- Partner Faegre & Benson (previously Hobson Audley) 1998-2008
- Associate Hobson Audley 1994 - 1998
- LLB (Hons) Leeds University 1983-6
- Law Society Finals Chester College of Law 1987
- Law Society