Partner and Head of Corporate & Commercial
As head of the firm's Corporate and Commercial department, Mark has more than 20 years' experience of advising clients on corporate transactional work. His focus is advising on both cross-border and domestic private company transactions including M&A, venture capital and private equity deals. Mark also works extensively on corporate fundraising including equity capital markets work, in particular AIM. In addition, Mark handles joint ventures, shareholder agreements and group reorganisations and issues relating to shareholder disputes and share rights held by senior executives. He is valued by clients for avoiding the usual "shades of grey" advice and for making firm recommendations.
Examples of recent work
- Advised national retailer F Hinds on its rescue of Chapelle jewellery stores from administration
- Advised FM Conway Limited on its acquisition of Berkshire Macadams Limited
- Advised Schleuniger Holding AG on its acquisition of a 20 per cent strategic investment stake in LW Solutions Ltd
- Advised on the sale of Eos Wealth Management Limited to Close Brothers Asset Management
- Advised Blenheim Natural Resources Plc on its acquisition of a 27.17 per cent strategic investment stake in IGS (International Geoscience Services) Limited.
- Advised Research Views Limited and its shareholders on the international pre-sale reorganisation and subsequent £67m sale of the GlobalData healthcare business and simultaneous acquisition of a print business.
- Advised FM Conway Limited on its acquisition of United Asphalt.
- Advised on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Mecmesin Limited to Physical Testing Properties Limited, a portfolio company of Battery Ventures.
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Mark is a non-executive director of the national charity, Starlight Children’s Foundation, which grants wishes for terminally and critically ill children
Publications and lectures
- Wrote a number of articles that have been published online and in the national press, on such issues as shareholder disputes/agreements and raising capital
- Undertook key speaking roles for the American Bar Association on the international private company M&A (Atlanta) and joint ventures (Paris)
- Chaired a conference in Dallas on comparative alternative investment markets
- Organised and regularly spoke at seminars on raising capital for an e-business; exits for e-businesses; and investing in tech-focused businesses
- Spoke as an outside speaker on international mergers & acquisitions