Impact Economy Professional Support Lawyer
Phillippa has spent her career working with charities, social enterprises and mission-led businesses, and is committed to supporting the growth of the Impact Economy. She has worked at a number of large City firms, but also has in-house experience in the charity sector and spent several years working with social enterprise. Phillippa’s work focuses on “profit with purpose businesses” that take a “triple bottom line approach”, for which social and environmental impact is a core part of commercial strategy. Phillippa supports our Impact Economy practice and clients by sharing know-how, market developments and sector intelligence, and developing effective knowledge tools and frameworks for the practice.
Examples of Recent Work
- Managing the spin-out of a mission-led business looking to reduce carbon emissions in transport industries.
- Advising on the set up of a Community Interest Company to provide housing for people who are homeless or vulnerably-housed.
- Advising on the corporate structuring of a social enterprise seeking to embed its social mission and maximise its investment options.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Nottingham, BA, 2006 (Erasmus: University of Copenhagen)
- Kaplan Law School, LPC, 2009
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2012
- Solicitor at The Royal National Institute for Deaf People (t/a Action on Hearing Loss), 2014-2016
- Social Enterprise Associate at Hogan Lovells International LLP, 2016-2019
- Impact Economy PSL at Bates Wells Braithwaite since 2019