Paralegal & Paralegal Coordinator
Victoria is a Paralegal in the Charity and Social Enterprise Department here at Bates Wells. Bringing practical experience from her time at two national charities, Victoria assists the Public Services team and is also a member of the Legacies, Trusts & Probate Disputes team.
Examples of Recent Work
- Assisting with all elements of the spinout process when spinning out bodies from local government to separate charitable entities, including bodies such as theatres, galleries and music service providers.
- Drafting and reviewing legacy fundraising materials for a number of national and international charities, with a view to informing potential donors and protecting legacy income in the future.
- Conducting in-depth legal research into a number of specialist areas, such as the law surrounding fundraising and charity conversions.
- Drafting governing documents for charitable organisations, before assisting them with registering with the required official bodies such as Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Providing general support to the various teams within the Charity and Social Enterprise Department, including the Social Finance Team and the Culture and Creative Team
Qualifications and Career
- University of Exeter - LLB Law (2014 – 2017)
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) - Volunteer Legal Assistant in the Commercial and Legacy Departments (2016 – 2017)
- Stroke Association – Legacy Assistant (2017 – 2018)
- Bates Wells Braithwaite - Paralegal in the Charity and Social Enterprise Department (May 2018)
- Promoted to Paralegal & Paralegal Coordinator (October 2018)
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Volunteer with South West London Law Society
- Former Volunteer Mentor with Fenland Arts Association