Alex is a Solicitor in the Data Privacy team where he advises a wide range of charities, social enterprises, cultural and creative institutions and commercial organisations. Alex advises regularly on contracts (data sharing and data processing) – both the data aspects of commercial agreements, and for complex, multi-party data sharing arrangements. Alex also regularly advises on the impact of the GDPR for organisations, including their internal compliance and helping respond to security incidents and rights requests, as well as advising on the rules around marketing and fundraising.
Alex is also a member of the Culture + Creative group and has a particular interest in working with cultural and creative clients.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising on a complex data subject access request with involvement from the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Advising an international charity on data sharing with its international branches and affiliates
- Assisting numerous organisations with their preparation for the GDPR, including initial issue-spotting and developing policies, notices and contracts
- Providing bespoke GDPR training for a number of organisations
- Acting on the data protection aspects of mergers between charities and not-for-profit organisations, and spin-outs, including the transfer of databases
Qualifications and Career
- University of Hull, Law LLB, 2010
- College of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2012
- Paralegal, DWF LLP, 2012-2014
- Trained at Bates Wells, 2014-2016
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2016
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Adviser at South West London Law Centre